Agape prayer fellowship
Are you frozen by fears? Trapped by temptations? Disillusioned by disappointments?
The Agape Prayer Fellowship welcomes you to bring your problems to the foot of the Cross.
Venue: Room 2.2
Time: Every Thursday, 2:30pm to 3:30pm
1) To provoke one another to love and to good works.
2) To encourage one another to lead a prayerful life.
3) To cultivate habitual communion with God.
The Agape Prayer Fellowship was inaugurated on July 15, 2004 and today we have an average of 20 regular members.
The Agape Prayer Fellowship meeting is based on the acronym ACTS: Adoration, Confession, Thanksgiving, Supplication. Every meeting is very informal, beginning with some light refreshments. The meeting proper comprises the reading of God�s Word and singing of meaningful hymns with the emphasis on prayer. Then, prayer requests are shared in depth. This informal atmosphere leads to more open sharing, as members are not afraid to raise requests and thanksgiving items. Some even give personal testimonies of God�s goodness through answered prayers.
Visitation follows the prayer fellowship. Those prayed for are very much encouraged by this immediate follow-up.
(1) Committee members have their own pre-prayer sessions to uphold one another, especially the chairperson.
(2) Many gain more confidence in sharing. There are warmer fellowship as individuals get to know one another better.
(3) Our very first Christmas gathering saw an encouraging number of 43! Hearts were blessed through the singing of carols. Fun games were enjoyed by all. Those who came contributed food. We had a hearty meal and an enjoyable evening.
The members shared that they look forward to this prayer fellowship, whether rain or shine. It is indeed time well spent for the Lord, especially for those who could not attend the Tuesday night prayer meeting.
Prayer is the key that unlocks the door of God's treasure house.
"Bear ye one another's burdens and so fulfil the law of Christ." (Galatians 6:2)
This ministry is led by Dn Peter Goh and Dn Jeffrey Soh and coordinated by sister Linda Seah. Reporting directly to the Session, its primary goal is to encourage fellow church members in their spiritual and daily life. Usually the members visited are either new members or those who are going through trials in their lives such as sickness, or who have not been attending church regularly.
Attendance varies from ten to twenty per team. Activities include singing of hymns, prayer, word of exhortation and simply fellowship. There is no fixed visitation schedule and frequency is about once every fortnight and visits are usually held in the evenings.
Both visitors and visited have reported that they have been much blessed by the visitations; as well as the opportunity to know more of their brethren in Christ.
If you are interested to join this ministry, or you would like the team to visit you, please contact Sis Linda Seah.
�Beloved, if God so loved us, we ought also to love one another.� (1 John 4:10:)